View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 10:15 PM   #127
steve.325i

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWstudent View Post
I would rather not be limited to just using playlists.

I'd love to be able to go through all artists (Anberling - Zox) and select the one I want. Is this possible?
USA-Spec
- limits you to four playlist.
- RND button on the HU does toggle SONG SHUFFLE on/off on the iPod like you would expect.

Dice
- does all browsing by artist but I found it slow & painful
- RND button may enable REPEAT ONE on iPod. iPod must be disconnected & setting manual disabled.

Quote:
I want to put the ipod in the trunk or glovebox and never touch it again except for when i want to add songs every so often.
USA-Spec
- Yup, definitely works this way.

Dice
- have to set alarms to keep it awake or push iPod control to manual wake up.

Quote:
I would like to be able to search through artists and CD's, I would like to be able to use at least two play lists (shuffle and top rated) easily, and skip songs while in use. I don't really need the FF and RW in mid-song feature. I try and mess with my radio as little as possible while driving, and don't mind just starting the song over if need be.
USA-Spec
- My previous comment about the USA-Spec not supporting FF & RWD with in a song was incorrect. Delmarco taught me how to RTFM & it works as documented. Please see post # 81.

Dice
- Yup, push & hold << & >> to FF/RWD.

Quote:
thats really all i want. to be honest I'm looking for something that is EASY (i want passengers to be able to use it), fast, no messy wires, and reliable.
I know what you mean. My wife did not like the Dice & after eight months still was scared to touch the buttons.

Within the first week of having the USA-Spec installed she was comfortable with using it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsevader View Post
I just bought and installed USA-Spec PA12 and couldn't be happier.

02 325i Touring HK Business CD w/ 6cd changer.

Install is a piece of cake on the touring. I haven't run the cable up to the front yet (a spring job I think) but the unit is performing flawlessly and seems to do everything I need it to.
Cool !!!
steve.325i is offline   Reply With Quote