12-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
My Ride: 2003 325i
Awesome. I am happy to hear the install went well.
Originally Posted by dudelove
I've only had it for a day, but this purchase is a no-brainer. Thanks to steve.325i, I saved the hassle and a good amount of $$ over the DICE solution.
re: your Needs Improvement list:
- Text display limited to 16 characters.
- Text display takes a while to show up.
Is your unit slower than in my video? This could be due to the communication being slower with the older HU ... I'm really not sure.
- Faster track changes would be nice. Not bad though.
I can't comment on these since I a Blackberry person & I really never touch the iPod in my car.
- iPhone 3G sometimes lights up after a track change (I want to set this to on/off)
- iPhone 3G sometimes does an annoying "charging" notification sound shortly after changing tracks. I have to switch to Silent.
Thank you for the specific info about the 3G cable coloring. I didn't know this.
Again, I glad to hear you are 'overall' happy with it.