View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 11:57 AM   #62
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
You really need to have a sprung hub system and it depends on the flywheel you have on your car - we usually sell them as a package because we use a different flywheel that is machined to accept a sprung-hub clutch.
James, do you guys have any experience with the FX100 (with rigid clutch disc) paired with a stock flywheel on an e46 6-spd? I had a local shop install this combination on my car earlier this year but after multiple install attempts (each using a new clutch) as well as shipping my clutch, flywheel, and transmission to CM to see if they could sort things out, we never could get it to fully disengage. We finally gave up on getting the FX100 to work properly and returned to a stock clutch which has worked flawlessly ever since. Just curious if you have ever run into similar problems with the 6-spd applications or if there is some reason why it would only work with the JB Racing flywheel and not a stock flywheel.
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote