View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 02:30 AM   #6
95blkmax

My Ride: 00 BMW 328i
Send a message via AIM to 95blkmax
Not sure about the bimmers in particular, but a lot of guys that stick LSx's into other cars (for example, my buddy has a 93 nissan 240sx who is putting an LS2 into it) simply put a carb'd LS engine. They dont have to worry at all about wiring. Only thing is the ignition timing since it doesnt come with a distributor, so the coils just need a control box that can be acquired from MSD that is used specifically for these cases, and that's it!

Later on he plans on going fuel injected, at which point he'd require the standard top (intake manifold, TB, fuel injectors and rails, fuel pump and another control box that can be acquire from MSD, and there is it, fuel injected LS engine running independent from the car's original wiring except for battery and starter signal.

Keep in mind that in the process you will have to sacrifice two things (that may or may not be that important to you)= Power steering, and Air Conditioning. You COULD make it work but you'd have to go to a custom line manufacturer for both the AC lines AND the p/s pump/ reservoir lines... and this wont be cheap. Oh yea... emissions would be a whole other issue, depending of course on the laws in your area. But then again, you're in FL, so all the power to you!

Someone jump in and correct me if Im wrong or missing any info here! Im far from perfect

Hi, my name is 95BlkMax, and I am a Boostaholic
"DANGER TO MANIFOLD!!!!" O_o!
95blkmax is offline   Reply With Quote