01-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brea, CA
My Ride: E30 325e & E46 ZHP
ModBargains | 20" FORGESTAR F10 INTRODUCTION!!!
ModBargains proudly present the 20" FORGESTAR F10's to the BMW Community!
The latest wheel in the Forgestar line up, the Forgestar F10 will draw all the attention to your luxury/performance vehicle. Forgestar's Flow Form Casting utilizes a combination of the best methods of forging and casting methods both in the same wheel. This technology in wheel production brings you the best of both worlds.
Flow Form Casting is a production procedure that turns the wheel (or rim section) over a special mandrel and three hydraulic rollers using tremendous pressure. The pressure and turning then force the rim area to form against the mandrel, creating the shape and width of the rim. During Flow Forming, the rim actually "flows" down to create the full rim width. The pressure applied to the cast rim actually changes its mechanical properties, so its strength and impact values become similar to those of a forged rim. That translates to up to 15% less weight when compared to a standard cast wheel.
The newest available design from Forgestar is the F10, a sophisticated multi spoke wheel that features a classic step lip design, and the construction quality Forgestar has become known for.
- High Quality 'Flow Form' Production
- Durability of a Forged Wheel
- Lightweight and Excellent Value
- TPMS Compatible
- Clears OEM Calipers and Aftermarket Big Brake Kits
- Custom Offsets and bolt patterns
- Fits nearly any vehicle!
- Wheels are made to order
- BMW Caps Available (+$30)
Available Offsets and Sizes
- 20x8.5 offsets from +30 to +50
- 20x9.0 offsets from +18 to +56
- 20x10.5 offsets from +20 to +45
- 20x12 offsets from +39 to +65
Why Forgestar Wheels are Better Than Cast Wheels
- Custom Offsets - Forgestar wheels can be made in virtually any offset, whereas standard cast wheels come in a set offset. This allows you to dial in exactly how you want your wheels to sit (we can help you select the offset you need for the look your looking for). Having custom offsets allows for fitment of wider wheels in stock suspension and lowered vehicles. Forgestar wheels are designed specifically for your car and it's suspension setup, where cast wheels are designed for everyone and typically do not take in to account lowered suspension setups.
- Weight - Forgestar wheels are also much lighter than cast wheels. The 18x8.5 F14 wheel weighs an amazingly light 17.6 lbs, where a cast wheel of this same size would weigh anywhere from 23-27 lbs. This saving of roughly 6-10 pounds per wheel makes a BIG difference in regards to handling and drivability. Reducing unsprung weight (weight that is not supported by the car's suspension, i.e wheels, tires, brake rotors, and brake calipers) is one of the easiest ways to improve your car's handling, braking, and acceleration. As a general estimate 1 pound of unsprung weight is equal to 10 pounds of static weight. (weight that is supported by the vehicle's suspension). By using this ratio if you were to replace your stock wheels that weighed 25 lbs with Forgestar wheels you would be saving 320 lbs. in static weight!
- Strength - Flow-formed wheels are similar in strength to that of a fully forged wheel, without the cost. The process used to make the Forgestar wheels is the same process BBS wheels uses as well. Forgestar wheels are also rated at 1600 lbs per wheel which is considerably more than a cast wheels which are typically around 1200-1400 lbs. per wheel.
- Range of Sizes - Forgestar wheels are available in a multitude of sizes, allowing you to decide exactly what diameter and width you want to run on your vehicle, rather being forced to run a set staggered size with cast wheels (As cast wheels usually are only available with one set front wheel width, and one rear wheel width).
Give me a call if you guys have any questions (714) 582-3330ext 8009 or you can e-mail me a Kevin@ModBargains.com