E46 Fanatics Forum banner

BMW 335i lands on 3 rocks 426 feet down the mountain

16K views 44 replies 36 participants last post by  bigdog2003_99 
#1 ·
Credit: Horatiu B., BMWBLOG

All we have to say in the beginning is WOW! We’re glad the passenger made it out alive and we wonder if it was the angel watching over them or simply a combination of luck and a safe car.

The accident displayed below took place somewhere on the Angeles Crest Highway in California and the BMW 335i Coupe was driven by M3Kill3er, member of E90post. As he was driving well into the night, he panicked at the sight of three animals on the road, swerved, slammed the brakes, hit dirt road and flew straight off the ledge down the mountain. Landed 426 feet down the rocks!!

Here is the frightening story as reported by the car owner:

was bout 2 am on a saturday night Jan.2nd, picked up a female friend who lives on angeles crest street and we headed up angeles crest mountain… was taking her to a view spot for, u know…neways. at mile marker 30.65, no speeding no nothing, max i went was 35mph.came up to a pretty bad ass turn…the second i turned i saw 3 animals of some sort kicking it on the road. i panicked, swirved, hit the brakes, hit dirt road which didnt help me from stopping. flew straight off the ledge… flips+turns+tree+flips+turns+flips and landed on 3 rocks 426 feet down the mountain…Both of us are okay…walked out clean…i just have a fractured collar bone and my whole left side is killing me like crazy. the female is perfectly fine, just a few cuts n bruises.

We’re glad that everyone made it out alive and it fairly okay condition.

We wish you a fast recovery, both physically and psychologically!

*more pictures at:
http://www.bmwblog.com/2010/01/09/b...e-it-out-alive/comment-page-1/#comment-182689

is it me, or did some of this sound made up

See less See more
#2 ·
I am sure there is more to this story than we are being told.

Either way......over on e90post, the owner claims he might even sue BMW since his airbags did not deploy.

Shaking my head.....the car saved his life due to his lack of experience.....and right away he wants to sue the brand that saved his pathetic backside.

#3 ·
**** the airbag might have even killed him.... this might be one of those "i was better off without the airbag" moments... im glad they are both ok and safe to say tht i will always be a bmw owner... no matter what headache the car give me.. it might save a life when needed :D

#5 ·
yeah i think theres definitely more to the story. its just so over the top that i was like, wait, really? lol
that was one of my comments on the post to bmwblog, i dont get why the steering wheel air bag didnt open. i guess because the car didnt hit anything head on?
thats really weird but bimmers are safe cars. i know the first time i sat in mine i felt more safe than ive ever been in a car

im glad these guys are okay, i would be so traumatized

#26 ·
let me get this straight, some guy swerves to avoid animals next to a cliff, falls off, side bags deploy because he fell on his side, and not the front, yet he is going to sue BMW for having only the side bags deploy which saved his life?

Good luck pal, he should be happy he is alive.

#28 ·
Considering his grammar and the fact that he keeps calling his friend "the female" Im assuming things like basic logic are far above his head. Its gonna be funny when he sues BMW, they investigate and interview the passenger and she flips on him and lets them all know he made up the animal thing. Im sure his parents have plenty of money to pay for the fines he'll get for lying to the cops/ his insurance company though.

#29 ·
Good thing everyone is alright, but you cant beat that roller coaster ride and hell get his money back. I hope he dosnt leave that present in there it looks like its in good shape still.

#31 ·
Wow that is like 20 min from my house i use to go up there all the time. Every time i go up there on a weekend someone has got in an acident its pretty dangerous. Im glad the guy is ok though. But 35mph doesnt seem that fast...

#38 ·
yea, the front airbag sensors are right behind the headlight, close to the fender, those didnt have strong impact which is why they didnt go off. it also looks like the pasanger side airbags didnt go off tho, which i did find interesting. either way, they are lucky to be alive, and i wouldve hit the animal!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.