View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 10:27 PM   #2000
sonaldinho89

My Ride: e90 325i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliG View Post
saw the iphone hooked up it is hooked to a charger only or to the cars audio system?
Mines an ipod touch. i've got it wired up to a Griffin Autopilot that sits behind the dash (gives it power, and provides a Line Out). Line out from Griffin Autopilot goes to an Aux adapter that plugs into my CD changer port in the trunk. Works really well, coz with the ipod touches and iphones, it'll only give the line out signal from the dock when it recieves power (or some other signal) otherwise it just plays through the speaker/headphones.

you can get the griffin autopilots really cheap on ebay (refurbed ones i think, but it hardly matters)

here's the griffin autopilot http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/autopilot
i wired up a cigarette lighter port behind the dash to the switch power wire for the torch in the glovebox, so the adapter only comes on when you unlock the car (i love that switched power wire....)

@ Jall - Thanks! yeh i was worried about that too, but tbh, they only have to remove the back seat for the subframe repair, so it would have been ok i think. p.s LED tails look awesome...i really need to get some.