View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #21
hi its me alec

My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Don't do angel eyes if you're not touching the bumpers, especially on an xi (ridiculously high/goofy ride height.) Blue angel eyes are one of the riciest trends in this car community, I don't get why every new person wants them. I got them too, don't get me wrong, but I'm just telling you this because I grew out of them in about a month and seriously regretted spending so much time with them installed. Once I realized how lame it looked I just threw everything away. I was 17 at the time too, which should say a lot, because all the other teenagers loved it and got pissed at me for ditching them because of how 'dope' they looked.

Step 1 - lower the car and it will look WAY WAY better. Put decent wheels on in the summer and it jumps up yet another level. Wheels and drop are the 2 most important things you can do to a car. I always say that if you don't do both, don't bother with anything on the exterior. Period. It's better to be stock than ugly... period.

Step 2 - xenon headlights. you can do this first if you want, but this is something that makes everything look nicer no matter what. blue eyes make xenons look tacky.

Step 3 - miscellaneous (black grills, clears, tint, black window trim, painted moldings, whatever the hell you want to do.)

But since I've dedicated pretty much my whole life thusfar to modifying cars, I can tell you with some level of certainty that wheels + drop + xenon is the formula for a car that looks really great.

Last edited by hi its me alec; 01-12-2010 at 10:24 AM.
hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote