View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 10:25 AM   #25
GCoop

My Ride: '04 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJL486 View Post
Pre Order and Order Process: I just wanted to take a minute and offer some thanks. I ordered my angel eye kit from Mike@F1Autohaus following GCoop's inital review. Contrary to some other sponsors on the site, *cough umnitza *cough, Mike was not only very easy to contact, but was extremely helpful. Placing the order was easy (I dont use paypal... and google checkout is awesome). Mike kept me updated on my order status with absolutely no attitude (again contrary to other sponsors...). My order shipped on the 14th and I had it on the 16th (saturday!). getting them on saturday instead of monday allowed me to install them sunday (was out of town, otherwise i'd have torn apart my headlights the second the ups guy showed up).

The Install: The parts arrived, all in the expected proper working condition with all necessary parts included. I used the FastM guide for the wiring harness and was on my feet in no time. The FastM guide is great for everything but tapping into the footwell lights for the fade on/off functionality. Thanks to a forum member, StahlBlau3, I had not only someone who answered my question right away, but also gave me his phone number in case things went awry. After passing the wire through the heat shield, taking out the glove box, and tapping the footwell light, I was free to lock and unlock my car continuously for the rest of the night!

Thoughts/Wrap up: Ultimately, the install was time consuming (for me as I am a wiring noob ) and took around 3 1/2 hours. The install of these angel eyes is absolutely NO different than any other kit out there and will take no more or less time. The color of the lights is white (I wanted a more OEM yellow but have the patience of a 3 year old) - regardless of the color not being exactly what I want, its still awesome! I love them and couldn't be happier. the guys over at F1 Autohaus are competent, reliable, and friendly.

Pics: I will be taking pictures ASAP (hopefully tonight after work) - unfortunately, while in atlanta for the weekend, I got blasted by a rock on 85/75 and I am getting a new windshield installed today.

* I am writing this because I am so happy with the product and have dealt with/am dealing with bad sponsors on the site. F1Autohaus did not cut me a deal or anything, I'm just one happy customer!
Congrats! Sorry to hear about the windshield catastrophy. Cant wait to see your pics.

Right now, as far as I can tell, you might be only the second person in the US to rock a halogen specific angel eye kit.
GCoop is offline   Reply With Quote