01-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Join Date: Nov 2009
My Ride: 2005 ZHP TT Stg 1
Technique Tuning Turbo ZHP impressions
We wrapped up the install of the Technique Tuning Turbo on my 2005 330i ZHP last Friday so I took a weekend road trip to put it through its paces. Informal findings so far:
1. On residential streets, getting much into the boost is basically terrifying to passengers.
2. On the highway I can now pass someone, or blow their doors completely off, which is nice.
3. Once I got out of test-the-turbo attack-mode I really began to notice just how smooth and torquey it is under more relaxed conditions. I found myself upshifting at much lower RPMs than stock. Mozying around town in 4th just seemed natural. Highway passing in 6th? Of course.
4. The sound with the stock ZHP muffler is great - deeper, but just as quiet when cruising.
5. Usually for this trip when the car was stock, the the OBC's Avg MPG readout would be 21.5. With the turbo I got 22.5 despite extra tearing-it-up on mountain roads! Surprising.
Here's the intercooler:
Here's where I mounted the Greddy Profec B Spec II Boost Controller:
I'm glad to say the car is now as fast as it looks. Thanks Nick!