View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 02:49 PM   #36
Mike@F1 AutohaŘs
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by omni01_k View Post
I have a 2004 330i (4dr). It has the Xenon headlights. I really like the angel eye look a lot better and want to convert. I looked at the headlights and they have no placement for the halo rings.

You can fit the LED angel eyes into your stock xenon headlights. You simply have to purchase the xenon specific angel eyes for your car.

I'm aware that I will have to replace the whole housing unit and that's ok, my question(s) are (and I guess I'm asking you Mike since everyone seems to be buying from you on this thread and are very pleased with the service as well as the product lol I'm more than happy to continue/begin with the support) :

1. Do they happen to make a 1pc housing unit or do I have to order the clear side markers separately?

You can purchase the clear side markers by itself to replace your existing amber lens:

2. What is, if any, the major difference between CCFL and LED? I only want between 4k-45k out put.

CCFL require inverters to power the rings and failure on these are common, which leads to multiple replacement overtime. CCFL has cold start up issues as well. With LEDs, no inverters are required and has a much longer life when compared to CCFL. Instant on/off with no delays.

Actual LED color is about 5~5500k, Pure White with no blue hue

Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Mike@F1 AutohaŘs is offline   Reply With Quote