View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
conkelid

My Ride: 2005 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHEAD OF THE CLASS View Post
You should have went through EAS an bought there complete kit. I source every part before i did this OEM retro kit an it was a pain my AZZ. If your a OEM nut then by all means do the retro kit, but i wish i would have save the 4000 grand it took me to do the kit an bought a top of the line aftermarket navi. Sorry i couldn't be any help with your problem i did this kit 3 years ago an my knowledge about it is lost since i got it installed in my car.
I checked with EAS and they no longer have a retrofit kit available. I'm trying to be as savvy as I can with the last three parts. I've read through and seen other threads on Aftermarket vs. OEM and I decided I like the integration of the OEM construct. But yes, the pricing is steep. So here I am with the last three. I can go strictly with the Dealer and spend $5,748.62, with Aftermarket for $3,045.00, or with E-Bay for $900-1,500. With the latter, still remains the problem of sourcing the right parts, but if it's done correctly I stand to save a significant amount of money that can be used on other extravagant and useless projects. Afterall, doesn't everyone? Thanks for the post by the way.
conkelid is offline   Reply With Quote