View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 02:22 PM   #4
tom @ eas
european auto source

My Ride: e92 S/C M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by conkelid View Post
I checked with EAS and they no longer have a retrofit kit available. I'm trying to be as savvy as I can with the last three parts. I've read through and seen other threads on Aftermarket vs. OEM and I decided I like the integration of the OEM construct. But yes, the pricing is steep. So here I am with the last three. I can go strictly with the Dealer and spend $5,748.62, with Aftermarket for $3,045.00, or with E-Bay for $900-1,500. With the latter, still remains the problem of sourcing the right parts, but if it's done correctly I stand to save a significant amount of money that can be used on other extravagant and useless projects. Afterall, doesn't everyone? Thanks for the post by the way.
We can still build the OEM NAV kits, however the pieces are very expensive (approx $4k new).

The major components are the 16:9 screen (e46 specific), radio tuner module and MKIV computer, the other items are relatively simply to assemble.

Kudos on going the OEM route, OEM NAV is one of the few options that will not only increase resale value - but make your driving experience that much better.
tom @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote