View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 03:26 AM   #36
paraklas

My Ride: ESS TS2 320ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxZHP04 View Post
All problems have been resolved. No binding, no vibration, nothing but smooth shifting! Unfortunately, I had to give up on the CM clutch and return to stock.

Still don't have a complete understanding of why the CM unit wouldn't fully disengage but at this point I am beyond caring. Since I first took the car in for the clutch & flywheel replacement, I've had 3 different CM clutches in the car - all of which had problems. All 3 had engagement/disengagement issues. The first was substantially out of balance and the 3rd also had some minor vibration < 2k rpm.

I've heard nothing but good things about the CM clutches in the past, so I have to admit to being a little surprised with all these problems. CM never left me hanging, they were always willing to seek a resolution to these problems but unfortunately after 3 attempts we weren't any closer to making it work - even after shipping them my transmission, clutch, and flywheel for analysis. Hopefully they will get this ironed out in the future but in the mean time, I'm afraid I can't recommend a CM clutch for the non-M 6-spd.
Thread revival...
I'm looking to get a clutch kit now, and after reading about your clutch issues I'm a bit reluctant to go with CM, given the fact that I'm overseas and I can't afford any clutch related defect/issue.

Are you satisfied with the stock unit now? I'm a bit lost of what to get.