View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
95blkmax

My Ride: 00 BMW 328i
Send a message via AIM to 95blkmax
E-Bay Intake Installed!!! MadTyteJDMy0! :-X

Yea the car is still slow

I felt no difference what so ever in power. No decrease anywhere, no increase anywhere. However, I did get what I wanted out of it- the intake sucking sound :-).

This is the $45 shipped intake from Ebay, the "long tube". I dont know how they test fit this product in particular but as you can see there is no way that "long tube" will fit with the filter installed at the end, on an E46-

I tried to see if maybe I put the filter at the wrong end of the pipe (one end was longer than the other)... still doesnt fit-

At this point I went downtown on it with my grinder and a cut-off wheel-

Well NOW it fits lol-

Now that it fit, the chrome pipe was an eyesore to me as it matched nothing at all in my engine bay. I proceeded to sand it with 180grit and left it at this-

I then gave it 2 thick layers of DEI flat black paint I had left overs from wrapping the headers, and it came out great. I installed it (dont hate on the zipties! They work lol)-

For $45 it's not bad at all Just that now we know that the "long tube" wont even fit the E46, just buy the $32 "short tube". If you are looking for power on an E46-
#1- dont bother with an intake
#2- if you do want to get an intake, dont waste $400-$600 on a "carbon fiber ubber pretty high quality brand name" intake... because it will not make any more power than my ebay thing!- very minimal. BMW did a decent job on the stock intake

Now if all you want is sound, then by all means you will not be disappointed

Hi, my name is 95BlkMax, and I am a Boostaholic
"DANGER TO MANIFOLD!!!!" O_o!
95blkmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.