View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 05:13 AM   #5
SKIPPY PB

My Ride: YZ125
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB RearWheelin View Post
i painted cars back in the day...you NEED to make sure you buy HVLP guns. High velocity low pressure. they spray much much better than regular spray guns. You need different size nozzles because some people like to spray metal flakes into their paint. if you're using the wrong size nozzle the metal flakes will clog the gun. clear coat has to be sprayed out of a different nozzle too, don't spray clear out of a nozzle where you spray color.
Thanks for the tips. I was gunna go HVLP already but didn;t know the rest of it.

As for paint in terms of quality where do I start? Im not sure how to shop for it yet. Internet and in person. And i haven't found the internet source yet but from other member suggestion ive heard automotive stores will mix paint to any color you want.

How can I trust these guys to get the perfect match? Also is store bought paint air dry? Cause i dont have a car oven or an electromagnetic dumping swimming pool filled with paint.

Lastly what can i expect as far as quality from aftermarket paint. Is it like driving in the sense that the driver makes the car. Plus good care of it will make it last indefinately. All i know is my freshly week old perfect front end. looked like ass from 15 feet. FIFTEEN REAL FEET not two feet and they blend from 15 my front bumper was pebbled with 1 to half inch wide store chips from doing 5 minutes at 135. Bullshit I tell you.
SKIPPY PB is offline   Reply With Quote