View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 08:46 PM   #52
mass03m3

My Ride: e46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325 View Post
I wonder if the fix that dynavin has come up with might lower the output of the unit (and the noise floor along with it) to a level more compatible with the bmw amp.....the simple fact that they said they were using speakers for testing and not an actual bmw car....or at least the amp and speaker from a car....makes me think that they didnt properly account for the e46 amp.

I have done installs before on oem "amplified" systems (older fords in particular) that I didnt know were amplified until I turned everything on and got symptoms very much like the dynavin problems. Hiss, clicks, hums, bleed, all kinds of problems. Installed a line output converter in line and the problems go away. This is common everyday practice for a stereo installer....matching input and output levels of different components so everything plays nice together.
Jeff,
I am thinking of trying this loc fix. I am going to use a pac oem2 and install it on the dynavin wiring harness after the head unit. What do you think? I figure that it is a cheap fix if it works and i don't have to cut bmw oem harness.
thanks
Todd