Join Date: May 2002
My Ride: 02 m3 06 m3ic,325cia
Since this is supposed to be the office installation, question and troubleshooting thread, I have questions, its install day, have everything disconnected from the car, now I just need to put it all together.
Dont own an iPod or have a reverse camera so that is not a problem, if you can think of something else let me know. I have read every post and went thru everything on dynavin site, still not clear or I would not ask the questions about, sorry if they are duplicated somewhere. Would like to connect and go on, would be VERY interested if someone hooked up aftermarket amp yet, is the sound quality better or as in my other post are those lines the power 45x4 lines out meant for video input device w/o an amplifier?
- Amp Con - what is it for, is it a turn on for an external amp? If not putting aftermarket amp and speakers, just tape off? Can this also be used if for amp turn on for an external sub?
- Reverse - is this the power on for a reverse camera, if no camera tape it off?
- Parking - what does this connect to, Im assuming from what little I can get out of manual depending on how its connected is whether you can watch DVD while driving or not, is that correct? Wont re-iterate what the manual says (broken english) but what is brake test wire. If you want to watch video, connect to black ground wire on the unit?? Then the manual mentions "second, in main system access language and the press the brake button setting to cancel brake wire function, then it can work normally. SO BASICALLY what to do here, where to I connect the wire labeled "Parking" so I can see vides while driving (for the grandkids), in addition to I still have to turn off in the menu as in the manual
- When I disconnected my OEM radio I see how the plug supplied from dynavin connects but at the bottom of the OEM connector there is another set of plugs that get connected to nothing, is that correct, is that the bluetooth interface that doesnt interface with OEM interface or ??
- Opinions on where to put GPS antenna, I know when I worked on my convertible with NAV, I thought the GPS antenna was behind the instrument cluster, will it work there. I see where one owner put it thru the firewall under the hood on the RHD side of the car, any suggestions
- DVD USB-in, so to actually play music on a USB stick, I actually plug the USB stick into the DVD USB plug, can I use an extension to run the USB plug to another place in the car
- GPS USB-in, what is that for, can you run another NAV program or other programs
- USB plug on back of unit, is this to another place to play USB sticks with music on them or should this be the primary place to put a USB extension cable to plug in a USB stick with music on it.
- Antenna connection, does it help to get a right angle antenna connector to save some space behind unit or will it fit without, I have one but wrong size, will that help?
- Anyone believe taping off the RCA plugs reduces the bleed, based on dynavin response adding capacitor/resistors, dont think so but dont like doing that, anyone hooked up aftermarket amp, still get noise? One I read that sounds better than hearing the radio is to turn the radio station on something with the least amount of sound, if this unit had the mute if it wasnt a valid station, I mean on my home system, if its not on a station, no static, nice really but would be better to hear a low hiss than a radio station
- Powered sub, I have an old 10" powered bazooka tube I thought I would try before trying to buy something, do I need to get a y-cable to supply both sides on the bazooka?