View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 10:52 AM   #57
95blkmax

My Ride: 00 BMW 328i
Send a message via AIM to 95blkmax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
SAFC's do add to ignition timing(not user controlled), be careful, and good luck.
Yea I know, I just didnt want to get into a technical convo regarding that here when the majority of people here are scared of anything other than a plug-n-play tuning medium (like a SharkInjector lol). On my 3.5 swap I had actually upped to fuel pressure to a constant 55psi in order to do more correction via the AFC (I remember at 4500 I was already at about -27% IIRC). Running an OBD2 scanner program, I saw gains of ignition timing around that RPM of just about 5-6*. So yes Im aware of this indirect timing changes that can happen with tuning via MAF. . Im sure this engine could use some of it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
Look into a B30 manifold, that will give you a good boost in power too.
One step at a time, but maybe around summer time I'll be doing this. Right now I need to upgrade my phone/plan, gym membership, and also starting to save up for tuition, as I'll be getting back into school this summer .

Do you happen to have a before and after dyno comparison of this swap on your car? Just wondering.

Thnx!

Hi, my name is 95BlkMax, and I am a Boostaholic
"DANGER TO MANIFOLD!!!!" O_o!
95blkmax is offline   Reply With Quote