View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #22
snortdavis

My Ride: 2006 M3, 6mt TiAg/Bk
Yes, the PFC DD rotors retain E-brake functionality.

If I remember correctly, it's not the friction material itself, but rather that the backing plate will hit the hardware when the pad gets ~50% worn. All the PFC pad shapes are listed in this document PFC catalog (7855 is at the bottom of pg. 93) if you want to compare measurements to the pads for your wilwoods. It would be cool if there was a wider range of pads to use with the rotors without modification.

EDIT: This page PFC/Pagid x-reference claims that the Pagid 2685 shape is compatible. I checked the drawing sheets for both, and there's a difference (PFC 49mm vs 58mm for the Pagid), but they are measured differently (distance from outer [farthest from hub] to inner [nearest to hub] edge of friction material at center of arc for PFC vs. what looks like distance from outer edge of backing plate at top of arc to inner edge of backing plate at either end of arc)

JamesC, can you weigh in? I know you guys recommend only PFC pads due to pad profile differences. Does this apply to this particular Pagid shape as well?

///M3 '06 COUPE 6MT, SCHWARZ/GRAUR.I.P.
///M3 '06 COUPE 6MT, TITAN SILBER/SCHWARZ -- NO SUNROOF

Last edited by snortdavis; 03-01-2010 at 12:08 PM. Reason: corrected spelling mistake
snortdavis is offline   Reply With Quote