View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 01:14 AM   #4
95blkmax

My Ride: 00 BMW 328i
Send a message via AIM to 95blkmax
I would ASSume them to be different slightly, so not plug-n-play (we all know what assumption stands for lol).

My reasoning behind that ASSumption being that the M54 DME would have a different setup for the throttle body, being that it's an E-TB vs a cable operated setup on the M52TU's DME that should only have a TPS signal to worry about, rather than a throttle position input and accelerator pedal position input. Everything else however, as proven by your swap, should all by the same.

One would have to look at the wiring diagrams for both DMEs to find out for example, if the accelerator position signal even goes to the DME before going to the TB, OR if it goes directly to the TB and then a TPS signal is sent from the TB to the DME. If the latter, the next thing would be to find out if it's the same kind of signal (it could be stepped, it could be linear, etc...). If it's the same signal then it should not be hard at all to get the M54 DME to work. If it's not, then well, it's up to you to determine if the work is worth the outcome

Hi, my name is 95BlkMax, and I am a Boostaholic
"DANGER TO MANIFOLD!!!!" O_o!
95blkmax is offline   Reply With Quote