View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 12:10 PM   #202
My Ride: 2005 325Ci Conv
Originally Posted by msb046 View Post
All I know is the ability to hook up an ipod/iphone and charge it is worth the problems it comes with, and I'm not pissed off enough to trash it and try the USA spec.
That is a problem with the DICE. A lot of people buy it, because it is popular and end up being too lazy to return it or will just deal with the short comings. There is no need to just trash the DICE, there is still a nice market out there for a used one. I sold mine for $80 and bought the USA-SPEC for $100, so it only cost me an extra $20 to (finally) have good clean sound from my iPod and AUX. Haven't had any problems since.

As I have stated before there are a few minor issues I have with the USA-SPEC but they are due to my preferences and I can easily live with them, as compared to the DICE. I tried to live with the DICE's problems but after 1 1/2 years, I just couldn't take it any more and am glad I made the switch. If the DICE was capable of having good clean sound, I could have lived with all the other issues, but in the end that is what drove me away. They can add all the features they want in the world, but if it sounds like crap, then it isn't worth it.
homerbrew is offline   Reply With Quote