View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 01:14 PM   #23
zhp pilot
Falling from 14k ft.

My Ride: is totaled :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
And a slammed car with splitters isn't inconvenient? Of all the mods I've done to my car (or the forum at large), such a tiny percentage of them are actually convenient. Vented hoods, lowered cars, loud exhausts, carbon this or that, etc... all just for a unique look or fun factor.

For what it's worth, I only use my push button once in a blue moon. Maybe once every few months. But, it certainly looks cooler sitting next to the v1 hidden display than the cigarett lighter
Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of a push button start but only as a convenience feature. I would put it in the same category as autodim/auto tilt mirrors, driver memory features, integrated bluetooth, etc. I just don't think it should be installed based on the "cool factor" and shouldn't be compared to aftermarket bumpers, wheels, etc. Exterior mods are seen by many more people and they can completely change the appearance of the car. A small button that reads "Engine Start" will not do this. Personally, push button start is only "cool" if it removes a step in the process.

However, I totally agree with you that it looks much better than the cig lighter that would be there in your car. It compliments the V1 quite nicely.

zhp pilot is offline   Reply With Quote