View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 06:57 AM   #5
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasCan View Post
Hi Doug. You're going thru more work than necessary by making your cross brace engine support & then unbolting the engine cradle to get at the engine mounts. Besides, it will be harder to get the engine cradle back up to its position to bolt in, & yes its OK to reuse those bolts. No need for Loctite. It is an easier diy if you jack up the engine by the oil pad with a block of wood to gain access to the mounts. Typically you will have about 2-3 inches b4 you really even start to stress anything. Chas
Chas,

I always go through more work than necessary...but lots of that is cleaning! LOL

Anyway, I wanted to hear the 2-3" I guess, more than anything. So, if you don't mind my asking, and no prejudice one way or the other, but are you a mechanic or an avid diyer like me? And, if the latter, do you recall the diy you depended on most...or Bentley. I'm going to read everything over before I mount the mounts, but would appreciate a recommendation to something that evidently worked well for you!

Loosen one side and remove the other...or only loosen one while other is still snug?

Sorry to bother you...but crib notes are nice too!

You've helped me before, I know...I hoped I've returned the favor in some way previously...if not, I'll make a point of doing my best by you in the future!

dmax on the radio--answering all your car questions as best I can!
watsonnwatson.com every Wednesday at 9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 Click "Watch and Chat"
Please 'friend' me!
https://www.facebook.com/DMaxstandup
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote