View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #9
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasCan View Post
Hi Doug, No bother at all, I always like your common sense approach to others for their issues. Just to trying to help another DIY'er. I have been an auto shop owner for the last 26 years. & have been in the auto repair field for about 48 yrs. The engine cross bar motor mount method is easier IF you have the right equipment. Other than that, the average diy'er can do this job without the engine cross bar mount. Just do like I said. Jack up the engine with a 2x4 or other comparable wood block, & the replacement should go fairly easy. My AllData repair manual says to drop the engine cradle, but that is if you have the proper engine brace & the cradle brace to line up & reinstall the engine cradle to it's proper position. For the diy'er, it's easier to just jack up the engine. Hope this helps, Chas
And nice credentials too! 48 years? So I guess I should, as you say, 'do like I do.'

It helps a lot...except for my final question...of course...I keep the jack at the same position on the rear end of the jack pan...or do I move it from side to side...or some entirely different place closer to the mount I'm replacing on the engine cradle or something else? Yea, I know you're thinking I probably shouldn't do this, but I'm sort of looking forward to it!

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote