View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 09:58 PM   #1019
gomifune

My Ride: 03 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerX View Post
Cool, thanks for the info. The only problem I have now is that the brand new clear tail light lenses don't match the color of the 8-yr old lift-gate backup light lenses. More parts to buy!

Progress is coming along nicely though, although I'm delaying pics until it's all done. I've installed the clear lights and angel eyes, discovered I'm unhappy with two different vendors invisible/silver bulbs (brightness) and so will probably settle for the egg-yolk look, tinted the windows slightly, swapped the sport steering wheel out for a thicker M-series wheel like my last BMW had, have Velocity Motorsport VB3 Hyperblack 18's on backorder (until next month), and am waiting to get the car in to have the Mtech2 bumper painted and installed.

It's a fun little ride!
Wow. I'm in the SF bay area and you're describing my mods almost exactly. My new clear tails are also showing off how old and decrepit the liftgate backups are. What color is your touring? Mine is steel blue. And my wheels will initially be style 71's. I'm hot for CSL reps but couldn't pass these up for now. Where did you get your mtech2? I'm looking at the DDM one. Are you on a sport suspension or is it dropped? I'll post pics too after I get it all done.
gomifune is offline   Reply With Quote