View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 01:29 PM   #3
Toxic0n

My Ride: E46 M3 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy lee View Post
you know, the rear tires will have a very different wear pattern than the fronts due to the camber at the rear (even if you have had some dialed out).
Putting the rears to the front may be the problem until a couple thousand have been put on. Air pressures ok?
Air pressures are OK. You are right, I forgot about the wear patterns. I will swap them back this weekend to see if that helps.
Quote:
The wheels/tires were set-up on a Hunter Road-Force system? They need to be fairly perfect, first, you know... With a HRF the tire internals as well as balance/out-of-round or coned tires or bad rims can be diagnosed as well as impossible-to-balance problem tires discovered.
I actually bought the wheels+tires combo second hand. They were already balanced and I never had any issues with them.
Quote:
Tie rod ends would allow wheels to move slightly independantly of each other and steer it some... links are mainly in use when cornering to transmit force to the sway bar; not hard to grab ahold and try to move them... BUT, Leaking? Leaking what? OEM bushings, yes. Links no leak.
The balljoints in the sway bar end links were leaking...
Quote:
Have you thought about the steering guibo? Could be a problem... though probly not the main one. Good the front bushings were done... were the arm ball-joints replaced as well?
The whole control arm + ball joints were replaced with the Meyle HD ones.
The steering wheel coupler is a good idea. I just read that huge thread and the symptoms are pretty close to what I am experiencing. I ordered the coupler since my car has 190k KM so it probably needs to be done anyway. I also ordered the tie rods so I don't have to pay for shipping twice.

Quote:
Did you "work" the pistons some when the brakes were done to ensure good movement/good return?
Yup, they were smooth as butter.

Ground Control Street/School coilovers, 19" HRE 441R wheels, ACS exhaust
2DIN touchscreen carputer, Bimmian CF E-brake handle, Titanium CF Trim, Illuminated ZHP knob, BMW Performance SSK, 2-way Compustar
Clear turn signals, LED license plate lights, LED tails, 3000k HID fogs, angel eyes, matte grills, CF Emblems etc
Toxic0n is offline   Reply With Quote