View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 03:54 PM   #80
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ara View Post
well i'd like a hidden hitch if possible, i'm going to a store this week to see what they can do. so if the hitch would face downward, then i could get a rack with a J or U shape that will connect to my downward facing hitch. this way when i'm not using the rack, no hitch shows.

kinda looks funny my new tl lowered on 20's with a hitch

the other questions i have.

1. i'm a big guy, the stock seat will lodge in my crack and never come back, what kind of seat would you suggest for someone like me 6'3 250 lbs, i want comfort while i'm not offroading.

2. the basic pedals that come with it can be upgraded from the store for 100$ or 50$ for some cheap clip on pedals, good idea to do from the get go correct? do they really help with pedaling? since you're pulling up wards instead of just pushing pedal

Have you considered a roof rack? I had the hitch rack on my old mazda, but when I got the e46, I was like "hell no I ain't installing a hitch on this" so I went with the roof rack....I think it adds to the "look" of the car personally

1) Seats are pretty personal since we're all shaped differently, no one can really recommend a saddle for you, just have to try them out. Again, I recommend riding a couple of times before upgrading since it takes a while to "break your body in"

2) clipless pedals improve pedalling efficiency by ~30% so they're definitely worth it.....post up which ones you're considering and I might be able to recommend. Keep in mind that, pedal type is another thing cyclists can never agree on....lol....so you will probably get a lot of different suggestions from everyone. no biggie

That bike is fine, you don't really need a full on XC rig at this point

Last edited by Ghostie; 04-20-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote