View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #20
lmyamen

My Ride: 00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by three2slick View Post
Takes 1 minute. Go to your car right now, make sure it's locked. Unlock it, get in, close the door, put the key in the ignition and turn the key to the point all the dash lights come on but DON'T start the car. Then turn the key back and take the key out. Now hold the unlock button and press the lock button 3 times while you hold the unlock button, then after you have pressed it 3 times, let go of the unlock button. The doors will lock and unlock to show it has been initialized, if you have a 2nd key, follow the same procedure but you just do the button sequence, you don't put the key into the ignition.
Thank you for this! The buttons on my key stopped working, it is 10 years old now so i thought i would just go get my battery in the keyfob replaced....Yeah i was wrong haha, when i found out bmw wants $220 for a new key after calling in i decided to say no thanks. I then remembered i had a spare key that came with the car, and i always just thought there was no battery in it. After finding out that my keyfob has the battery built in to it i realized it just needed programed. I followed your instructions and now i have a great working key! ha thanks!

lmyamen is offline   Reply With Quote