View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 03:53 PM   #6
Cazz

My Ride: 2005 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
i like this mod. I'm attempting on retrofitting the M3 SPORT switch onto my 330i. Now I know that SPORT switch on an M3 SMG sort of takes the place of the SD mode that steptronic cars have.

Question:
Does the M button in this mod ONLY serves to turn off DSC and keep it off? or does it also act a S D mode button for the ZCP cars?

As far as I know the sport button doesn't do anything for the SMG-II (see pic). Pushing the gear shift knob to the right switches between sport-automatic and the drive-logic bar is used to select between the 11 programs (A1-A5 and S1-S6).

The track mode button is only on the Competition Package (ZCP) option. The button just puts the DSC in a mode that is less intrusive than the standard DSC program without completely turning it off. When it is engaged, an amber "track" icon is displayed in the instrument cluster. The DSC can be completely turned off with the DSC button (like all M3s).

I did this mod after retrofitting the multifunction steering wheel panel. The ZCP steering wheel only has one button (track mode), which removes the cruise control functionality and radio/phone controls. After putting the MFL panel back, the new button lets me still have track mode.

*Edit: BTW, I love the Delmarco DIY mods.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	smg_inputs.png
Views:	409
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	358660  
Cazz is offline   Reply With Quote