View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #148
BMWstudent

My Ride: hates potholes
The wheels are BBS CHs 19x8.5, 19x10 et 20 all around. The fronts are dead even with the fender with 0 camber and the rears have almost exactly an inch of 'poke'

I picked up the wheels knowing they probably wouldn't fit, but wanted to try. I've done the math though, and if I do 2.5 degrees of camber it'll bring in the top lip by ~0.46 inches, and I don't think I'd be able to pull the fenders more than a quarter inch, so that would mean that I would still have about ~0.3 inches of poke.

At first I thought I was okay with that, but I've been thinking about doing driving schools this summer and I'm not really in love with the idea of running stretched tires at an event like that, so I'd end up having to use a different set of wheels ever time I did an event... which would equate to two alignments every time I wanted to do an event (one before, one after)

I'm kind of thinking about just getting the camber stuff and selling the CHs and running a wheel that I can do a square tire on and use for street and events.

p.s. are you on eurowerks.org?
BMWstudent is offline   Reply With Quote