View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 12:04 PM   #12
e36-2.0

My Ride: 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
i would never doubt that Xi with snow tires is anything less than perfect in the snow

however what is your driving habits where your car is unpredictable? I'm not trying to cause an argument, but common sense will tell you if conditions on the road are bad, it doesn't matter what kind of drivetrain/tires you have, you drive with extra caution

if you want to talk about swerving out of the way or slipping on black ice... ya MAYBE if you use Xi to straighten out you'll have the upper hand, but 9 times out of 10, your reaction in a case of "unpredictable conditions" will cause you to use your brakes, not your gas pedal.... and in that case, it won't matter if you have 4wd or RWD
i think where i live we get some of the worst conditions where ice is very prominent with -40 celcus weather and the thickest of snow falls. of course driver experience does play a role but the added traaction and stability is just a no brainer. i do still miss rwd in the summer months even tho it is slower jk

'02 330xi
Konigsport/Ground Control/DPE/BMW Motorsport/Eurosport/Turner Motorsport/PowerFlex/RacingDynamics/Hotchkis/UUC/Beisan/Bimmerworld/Dinan/Conforti/RPI/GroupN/Technik/Dynavin

Alberta's BMW enthusiast forum.
-Projecttechnik.com
e36-2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote