View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 04:06 PM   #22
wdeerfield

My Ride: 2009 E90, 2011 F10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubica View Post
Haha. JJ, I'm sorry but you just don't get it man. Haha. You have never driven an xi in the snow! Do you know how i know? Becasue an xi is never unpredictable in the snow! Haha.

I drive retarded fast in the snow- I'm a ski racer. My xi does 15+ trips a year from Boston>>Jay Peak (it's on the VT/Quebec border if you didn't know). I stepped up to studded Nokian Hakkas last winter becasue i wanted to go even faster in the snow. You may have to slow down and "drive with extra caution" with your blizzaks. I'm the guy doing 85+mph in the unplowed left lane- you are the guy stuck behind a plow spreading rock salt all over your hood.
Im with you. I wanted an e46, and i wanted a car that could handle in the snow.. result an xi that i slap snow tires on. I ski 50-70 times a year and drive roads that rarely see snowplows every time it snow. Id be 100% more confident in my xi than a RWD.. Although not the best awd system out there, it definitely gets the job done and looks great..

....now that wheel well room is another story. photos make it look worse than it really is but a slight drop would make it look that much better. Im interested in the answer to the OP's question as well..

as for jj.. your car is nice, lets just leave it at that.. there really is no reason for you to come into this thread and bash an xi.. go comment in the showroom on someone who needs a drop or clears..

2009 MBM E90 | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | CA | 6FL | NAV | XENONS | 18x8.5 VB3s ET30/25
2011 JB F10 | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | 6FL | NAV | 331s Square
wdeerfield is offline   Reply With Quote