View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 05:48 PM   #35
SDKmann

My Ride: 01 Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
Which part of him specifically stating he'd move the wheel 1/32 (3%) made you think he'd "jerk" the wheel?

If he's seriously considering this, his question is valid. He's looking for feedback from anyone else that's gone that fast in this body style. Did the car float? Did one end get light before the other? Did it feel darty and require a lot of input to keep it mostly straight?

Given that he's asking about the effects of such a small wheel movement makes it seem like he's acutely aware of the dangers involved in these speeds.
Woah, easy there killer, lets calm down a bit. I never said his question wasn't valid. But lets make sure we are quoting him correctly before you go off on me again-

Quote:
My concern is how the 330ci handles at 170mph when I move the steering wheel 1/32 to avoid a bird ...
Its the "avoid a bird" part that prompted my post. Moving the wheel 1/32 at 170 mph would not be enough to avoid a bird, the course correction would have to be much more significant, the results of which would not be good.
SDKmann is offline   Reply With Quote