View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 02:33 PM   #37
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
Its the same old song and dance from non-xi owners, come into a thread that clearly has no relevance to them and then state why their car is soooo much better or is just what you need. Im not sitting here getting butthurt over anything.

For me, like i said before, an XI was a much better choice for when its dumping and im heading to the mountains. Id really like you to drive from RI to Jaypeak VT during the next blizzard and tell me you wouldn't rather be in a car with AWD. Ive been in both a 325i and my xi during snow conditions and the 325i handled like crap compared to the xi (both equipped with snow tires). the xi has a feeling of being more planted to the road. The 325i just wanted to slide out much easier.

Now, you can spit that AWD is a marketing gimmick and we've been brainwashed into thinking that because we live in the northeast, we need AWD, but that is just entirely false. Just look at the new x-drive system that is being incorporated into everything. AWD is becoming a staple system on most car brands and is being used for better handling, not just for getting through the snow.

On the other hand, if i wasnt such an avid skier and lived in the south below the snow, i would have purchased a RWD E46 and been thankful to miss all the problems i encounter with the awd system now..

For now, ill live with the ride height and the "needs a drop" comments i get.
you are retarded, you seriously are.... please see BOLDED parts to prove how much of a dumbass you are

WHEN DID I SAY MY CAR WAS SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER.... NEVER

and

I NEVER SAID I WOULD RATHER BE IN AN RWD CAR, NOR DID I DISCREDIT THE CAPABILITIES OF AN AWD WITH SNOWS

and

WHEN DID I SAY AWD WAS A MARKETING GIMMICK????

butthurt? ya clearly you are if you are making up things that you "thought" i said

i'll say this one last goddamn time... for the weather here in RI (just like YOU referenced your driving habits/conditions on the way to VT)... there is never more than a couple inches on the ground, if that... with that being said, RWD with snow tires is COMPLETELY FINE

if you can't agree with that, then you need to open your eyes... you are talking about going 80 in all this snow and not losing control, idk wtf kinda bullshit is running through your mind, but where the fvck are you coming up with ideas like that? why is whatever you are saying even relevent?

on page 1 i even said to another member "oh i didn't check where you were from (calgary) and then AGREED THAT AWD WOULD BE A BETTER CHOICE"

please.... put your guard down and READ everything i have said in this thread

once again... PLEASE READ what i am saying, because clearly you haven't been able to read a goddamn thing yet