View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 10:21 PM   #1
CylonRed

My Ride: '01 E46 330i sport
Questions about E46 325\330i and xi

I am looking at a early to mid 2000, E46 325\330i to buy by the end of the summer if not sooner. This will be a daily driver to and from work and any shopping I do (I do all of the grocery shopping). The car will also be used at BMWCCA Drivers schools - hopefully 2 per year (Mid-Ohio and Putnam Park).

It will be a second car housed in Ohio - we have a minivan as the wife's main vehicle. We also currently have a '97 Accord Wagon EX with about 114,300 miles on it.

I am looking at a car in Indiana - 2001 325i with 89K miles for less than $10K (manual, 4 door, silver metallic with gray interior, M54 engine). They advertise the car with a sport package and recently found out it is really a xi - AWD.

So - based on the above I have the following questions:

1) How can I tell if the car has the sport package? I am somewhat used to having a strut over the engine in sport packages but I need to find out if the sport package also does not come with it.

2) AWD - how well does the AWD work in a BMW? We get snow and if it works well - especially with traction control and steel wheels w\winter tires - how well would it drive in the winter? Good enough or be a handful no matter what?

2a) Does the AWD make it prohibitively expensive for other work\maintenance? I do plan on having more time to do work myself.

If AWD makes a difference - I would seriously consider an xi model and hopefully give me more options. I also realize that I will also be looking at cars with 80K+ miles on it...

Thanks,

Brian
CylonRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.