View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 11:22 PM   #94
steve.325i

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan12 View Post
Steve,

Perhaps you can help me out with an annoying issue I'm having with the PA-12 as of this afternoon.

Everything was working great until I pulled and unplugged the HU (was considering replacing it but changed my mind)

When I put it back, put the fuses back in, and fired up the iPod/PA-12, I got the weird "no magazine" message and then a "No Disc" message when I hit buttons 1-5. A power cycle on the PA-12 and iPod fixed that, but now I can't get artist name/song title to display. It just shows "TR XX"

I checked dip switches (#2 and 3 on, everything else off, just like before), and unplugged both wires from the device and restarted the iPod touch. Nothing- still just "TR XX"

Haven't pulled the fuses or battery yet.... wanted to check if there was anything else I should do before that?

Thanks in advance!!
Hmmm, something is out of sync. Ok, first i should state that I have had the No Magazine message a third time since I made the post that you referred to and I was wrong, I had to pull the 30A fuse to recover operation.

Ok, that said - you power cycled only the PA12 and you got back music but no text. So that means that the PA12 is responding to comands from the HU, but the HU is not listening to the text coming back on the i-bus.

By pulling the fuses (both 7 & 41), count to ten & re-insert, you will restart both devices @ the same time & they should re-negotiate and do the plug & play dance and talk nicely after that.

It sounds like you did this the first time, but ....

I also recommend plugging in the 5A fuse first (#7) & then the 30A fuse (#41). That will power the radio standby first & then bring the accessories on line.

There is always the possibility of an ESD event taking the interface out during re-connnection, but I really doubt the chance of that happening - specially if you are in a humid location.

Last edited by steve.325i; 07-17-2010 at 11:23 PM.
steve.325i is offline   Reply With Quote