View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
TheDream

My Ride: 2003 330ci
Unhappy Two separate codes, two times into limp mode, one giant unsolved headache..

I'll keep this short and sweet, and I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a step 330Ci.

Day 1 of the issues: Car goes into limp mode while stopped at a red light. Code readout was P1732 which has something to do with gear ratio. Turning off and on did not clear the limp mode. I had them clear the code and drove around fine for a few days.

Day 4: Car goes into limp mode AGAIN while stopped at a red light. This time I was only a mile from my mechanic so I drove straight there. Turned the car off and on, and limp mode was no longer there. A code was pulled though, P0721, which is the speed sensor.

Day 6: After a "few hours" at the shop turned into a day and 6 hours, my mechanic said that my tranny fluid and the driving test turned up nothing, and as it is sitting in the shop it's 100% fine. This is obviously not the case.

So I ask you, e46fanatics, don't let this be my last post here! Help a brother out, and hopefully I won't be selling this car.. although I do have my eye on an 02 M5..

TheDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.