View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 03:34 PM   #35
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush4theYehO View Post
Any response from ATF?
Not yet. I talked to a couple other guys who put in their Form 4 and Form 1 submissions around the same time I did. They said that there is a massive backlog right now and the ATF can't keep up. The Trust route used to take a month, but now it's going on two months with no sign of progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRZY BMW View Post
Nice gun, i'm just not a fan of sprayed guns... Unless I was in the desert and had a tactical advantage to doing it... but to each his own!
The main reason I paint many of my weapons is for weather resistance. Paint makes a good moisture barrier, and it's easier and cheaper than DuraCoat or Cerakote. It's also nice because it can be removed easily and repainted to different schemes for different environments, or just removed and left off. Also, I just really like the color tan. It really is a personal preference thing.

Most people really don't need to do it, though. I just shoot a lot in inclement weather and it's proven to be pretty effective against oxidation and corrosion resulting from precipitation, ambient moisture or barrel "sweating".

My next rifle will be a DMR/SDMR in 5.56 or another SBR/PDW-style in 6.8mm. At least one of those will wind up being black and green two-tone.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote