View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 07:42 AM   #23
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
Spoke with Swift and here is their comparison. Brand B= Hyperco, Brand R= Eibach

http://www.swiftsprings.com/advantage.html
250 lb/in 14" springs tested at 7" stroke? That gave me a pretty good chuckle. My springs aren't even 7" long and my rates are double that. Were those springs from a 4x4?

That covers the "technical" differences but doesn't really give a subjective assessment as to whether you can notice a difference between the various springs tested. You will absolutely feel a difference as compared to a progressive rate spring but how much difference does a 5% variation in rate across the stroke really make? And what about the not-easily-measurable reaction rates that supposedly give Swift springs a superior ride (according to the Swift fan in one of the other threads)?
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote