View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 02:57 AM   #4
gaery85

My Ride: 2002 BMW 318i
Let's get to my favourite mod: As you have seen on the photos so far, my car has 4x4 status.. Plus I feel that my rear shocks are dying. So time for a suspension overhaul!

After much thought, I decided to go to the coilover route, preferably with adjustable dampening. ECSTuning had a great sale for their FK coils, so I ordered Konigsport coils. But their shipment got delay for almost 2 months.

Well, lucky for me. Someone local were selling TEIN SS-P coils, dampening adjustable, with Pillow adjustable campber. And EDFC is included! It is still in a great condition (only used for 6,000 miles). So I cancelled my order for the FK coils, and bought the Tein one.

To top it off, I added OEM Strut bar & Rogue Engineering RSM to compliment the coils

Here you go:

Before:

After:

I am really happy with my purchase, since this coilover with EDFC brand new will cost me close to $2,000 range.

My thought of the coils?
It doesnt feel stiff at all! Handling is improved by great margin. And I would say the ride quality is even better than stock. And my car is quite low already.
note: The coil is very easy to install because it comes with the camber plate already, so no need to swap the strut mounts.

So finally.. I got a chance to give the car a good wash, ICE liquid clay, ICE liquid polish, and wax. I would say she is in good state for now.

My plan for the car?
- Spacers?
- CSL diffuser
- Dye the outer door panel, convertible tonneau cover black
- Yellow painted the halogen portion of the headlight
- New headlight cover
- CSL bumper?
- BSW stage 1
- Dynavin?

Last edited by gaery85; 07-30-2010 at 02:59 AM.
gaery85 is offline   Reply With Quote