View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #25
gurov

My Ride: 2004 325XI Turbo
Send a message via AIM to gurov Send a message via MSN to gurov
more updates:

car is now on a full standalone controlling fuel, spark, idle, and throttle body, there is a knock suppression module installed (J&S safeguard) in line with the standalone, so upon hearing knock, the timing is retarded independently of the standalone, this lets me tune timing on the street with a fair margin of safety. I am also controlling the stock throttle body via a small board, separate from the main ecu(based on seattle circuit design with a pic18f1330). Engine received some LS1 corvette coil packs, custom bracket to hold them, custom MSD 8.5mm plug wires, and custom harness to tie it all back to the standalone. it starts, runs, drives, idles, boosts quite nicely. currently street tuning it when I can. I am also considering replacing the transmission control module and switching to megashift with modified code to run a 5 speed automatic, i don't think the stock transmission ecu is trustworthy, and could potentially shut the trans down on me any time. Engine now runs in semisequential injection mode to help with the the 660cc injectors, the ignition coils are fired in wasted spark. Engine management is now Megasquirt3 with MS3x expansion module. I'm pulling the base ignition maps out of various BMW's downloaded bin files and XDFs people have made using TunerPro to compare them against my timing map.

I need to install an external transmission cooler and a temperature sensor to monitor the transmission temp.

gm IAT sensor:
gurov is offline   Reply With Quote