View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 05:45 PM   #34
ritos530i

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i 6speed
Send a message via MSN to ritos530i Send a message via Yahoo to ritos530i Send a message via Skype™ to ritos530i
I understand and I am so pumped you got the thing running the way you did. I know others on the is forum have been waiting as well and want to see what the kit can really do because as of yet no one has really done something like this that I am aware of. No problem if you don't do a dyno however my only point in doing one was to show the world what you done and what kind of numbers can be had so others can see if this sort of route is worth the time and money. So, yeah dyno runs, street videos, road kills and just showing how well it idles is a big plus for the whole thread. I am sure you are aware others will want to duplicate what you've done.
BTW, Do you think this setup on a Manual transmission will be fine or what if it was installed on a built motor with 6speed transmission? Can it be done and run the motor without hiccups or you are still testing and making sure all is well.
I think it's time for a phone chat lol
Great Job bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurov View Post
nothing much really... i just want to ensure the stock ecu won't leave me stranded by disabling the trans, i also do not want to destroy the trans by running it in an unknown state. It appears to be in a failsafe mode where it's shifting very firm, but i bet that's designed to save the trans. The little gear icon is lit next to the D indicator on the cluster. But it shifts fine. i drive this car when i can now to the store for food and parts and such, tuning and logging. as i've said before, there won't be a dyno, perhaps until much much later.

i'll get a video next time i drive the thing, hopefully the blowoff sounds will come out with the window open.

530i E60 Custom Turbo/Nitrous (PSI_unknown)
ritos530i is offline   Reply With Quote