View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 11:20 AM   #37
gurov

My Ride: 2004 325XI Turbo
Send a message via AIM to gurov Send a message via MSN to gurov
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritos530i View Post
I understand and I am so pumped you got the thing running the way you did. I know others on the is forum have been waiting as well and want to see what the kit can really do because as of yet no one has really done something like this that I am aware of. No problem if you don't do a dyno however my only point in doing one was to show the world what you done and what kind of numbers can be had so others can see if this sort of route is worth the time and money. So, yeah dyno runs, street videos, road kills and just showing how well it idles is a big plus for the whole thread. I am sure you are aware others will want to duplicate what you've done.
BTW, Do you think this setup on a Manual transmission will be fine or what if it was installed on a built motor with 6speed transmission? Can it be done and run the motor without hiccups or you are still testing and making sure all is well.
I think it's time for a phone chat lol
Great Job bro
it runs the motor quite well, i've gotten it up to like... 8-9 psi on the street at like 4-5k rpm cause it's overboosting due to my poor parts selection (this is being changed, TCD manifold on the way + redoing all the exhaust when parts get here + proper real tial gate + boost control via megasquirt, i'll have pics of this during the process)

one of the issues i'm still trying to tackle is my inability to set the throttle body lower than the limp home position, this creates a stable idle at around 1200-1300 rpm, this means keeping the idle valve fully closed until i can figure out how to lower the idle (mechanical throttle conversion, or proper electronic tb control) this is simply an annoyance, and not a stopping spot, i've retarded the timing in the idle area, which lowers the idle to a reasonable level.

6 speed would def help out as far as confidence goes, so would the built engine. i plan to run 8-9 psi on this thing once i get proper control of boost (tcd + tial) and proper control of the trans (cut engine power during a shift, use lockup in the converter for boost).

as far as the management box goes, this setup can now be duplicated for under about $700 for the megasquirt3 + ms3x (once ms3x is back in stock) fully built, about half-ish that for someone who can put together a megasquirt board, but it doesn't even have to be megasquirt, it can be any management system, i just stick with megasquirt because it's what i've worked with for a while now and it's easy to get going.

if people want to duplicate this, i'll answer whatever questions anybody has.
gurov is offline   Reply With Quote