View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 12:53 PM   #11
Str8down

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by reynaldo View Post
By reading the forum I pulled my Headunit at least 4X now and it wasn't that difficult. Finally got some (2) USB extension, and connect the IPOD cable. My only issues are the NAVI speaks to turn here not the streets name and I have only one radio station. Yes it was pre-set to my Region (USA) clicked the bottom right and it shows all the station but like I said only one station works. At least i can play my USB music. All in all it was better set up than my Business CD. BTW I can play DVD movies too.

I don't have my Dynavin yet, however, I do have a Chinese WinCE based 2-din nav in my wifes jeep, which is what the insides of the Dynavin are.

With that said, the reason your Nav doesn't say the street names has nothing to do with the Dynavin, or the hardware, it's because you need additional modules with iGo8. Find a good Nav forum with good iGO8 support, and you can learn how to make it do many cool, things, like say street names, alert you of redlight cams, show 3D views of buildings, POI's, and cities, have an M3 as the cursor instead of the triangle, and much more. But that is all iGO8 and has nothing to do with the actual hardware.
Str8down is offline   Reply With Quote