View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 11:42 AM   #1
tinkwithanr

My Ride: '00 323i + '75 2002
'75 2002 DD Project - Non e46 Content

For the past couple of years I've been working towards/dreaming about picking up a 2002 to call my own, and a couple of weeks ago I finally pulled the trigger. I went up to Detroit and amidst a strong fuel/exhaust smell she managed to tackle the 4 hour drive back to Springfield (Ohio) without a fuss so I can't complain. Anyway, without further ado here she is:

The engine runs pretty strong, not that I have much to compare it to.

Engine Bay 3

Once I got it home and really started looking it over, I found out that she has a few nice surprises and a few not so nice surprises. But that's all to be expected I suppose.

First, a 32/36 w/ manual choke:

Weber Carb 2

Next, a Tii Mechanical Advance Dizzy:

Tii Dizzy

Then I forgot to take a picture, but a full Ansa Sport Midsection and Muffler, which is pretty freaking loud @4000 rpm cruising down the highway lol. I think there's also a leak somewhere though, so that's definitely not helping anything.

The interior also came with a 3 gauge pod with oil pressure, voltage and an old school vdo clock (that still keeps time!) as well as a very old tape deck lol.

Now some of the not as nice things:

Driver side rocker panel

Driver Side Rocker Panel

Driver Side Floor with carpet and sound deadening removed:

Driver Side Floor

Oil leak from somewhere around the oil filter housing / intake manifold / head gasket.

Oil Leaks

So the plan is to fix the rusty area's and get the interior back to being sealed from the exterior. I've got some plans to help stiffen her up where it counts that shouldn't add to much weight either. In the end it won't be a show car by any means, more just a car meant to be driven. I've already started some of the rocker work so I'll post up more pictures soon.

Mica - 2000 BMW 323i - The one that started it all
Fiona - 1975 BMW 2002 - The Definition of Project Creep
Heidi - 1988 BMW M5 - The piece of BMW history
Silvia - 2013 Subaru WRX - Stock, for now
tinkwithanr is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.