08-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Join Date: Sep 2006
My Ride: 1996 318ti
OH: 1999 318ti Sport, Cali Roof, Manual or trade for e46 wagon/sedan
Feels right to sell the Ti finally after 8 years of owning one. Probably put on 1500 miles since Christmas. Car is advertised here but also on BMWCCA website and Roundel, Auto Trader soon. I desire to pass her on responsibly as it took me two years to find this car.
Summary: Rarest of Rare Ti's in most desirable Alpine/Black/Gray combo. Dinan and other tasteful minor upgrades. Near perfect inside and out. Neither babied nor abused, has never let me down, the most reliable car I've ever owned. Everything works as it should down to the rear wiper nozzle. Accelerates very well, maintained by enthusiast CCA adult driver at various expert independents including Koalamotorsport which did a recent overall inspection on the car. Never raced or tracked.
trade considered for e46 325i/ix wagon (ix/wagon much preferred) or sedan with sport pkg, manual shift
Why buy this car?
1. RARE. 1 of 540. The ultimate Ti. Sport+manual+cali roof. Took me two years to find her.
2. BEAUTIFUL. Near perfect inside, outside and upside downside.
3. RELIABLE. I would let my 82 year old mom drive it across the country
4. WELL MAINTAINED by adult enthusiast. Recent service includes all new brakes, clutch & TO bearing, PS hose. Most records available.
5. NO CAT ISSUES. Newer factory cat and O2 sensors, < 20k miles.
6. TASTEFUL UPGRADES installed, other high quality and rare parts included.
7. TONS of photos and videos available. More coming. I have nothing to hide and I hate sellers who post 3 lousy phone pics. If you drive to see/buy this car you will not be surprised.
8. CENTRALLY LOCATED in Ohio, deliverable within Ohio and surrounding states for gas, etc.
9. RESPECT from M3 drivers (ok maybe not this)
10. RARE (did I mention rare?)
1999 318ti Sport
1 of 540 1999's
131k miles, third owner since 2007/98k
Alpine White + Gray Millpoint/Black Leather
Cali roof (works perfect, cleared the drains, tested no leaks)
Original 16" Style 18 round spokes with 225/50/16 Bridgestone RE750's
Side air bags
Mtech 3 spoke steering wheel
Alarm w/remote lock fob
1 reg key, 1 valet key
Orig FL car, then IL with BMW Dealer Shop manager owner, presently in Ohio with me.
Location: Car can be seen in Cincinnati (home), Cleveland (work), any point in between, and other points possible.
Dinan CAI (NLA)
Genuine M3 Mirrors (original Alpine paint too)
BMW CD43 head unit (orig cassette included w/code)
M3 sport mesh lower grill
DDM Tuning SuperBlue low beams and fog bulbs ($50, lifetime replacement warranty, gotten 2 free sets)
Upgrades included but not installed:
HR sport springs (value $100+)
Koni Yellows F/R (value $450)
Rogue RSM 's (value $90)
Mtech rear hatch spoiler in primer (value $350 RealOem)
Black rubber winter floor mats (value $80 dealer)
- Interior 9.5/10 (drivers thigh has a .25" thin spot in the leather, typical e36 location). This car has few or no rattles in daily driving.
- Exterior 9/10 with VERY minor dings/chips, most only visible in certain light.
- Underside NO RUST. You can practically eat of most of it (not verified btw)
- Wheels: 9.5/10 very few scratches even up close, I think one wheel has couple slight discoloration spots. These wheels were professionally refinished in 2003 (courtesy of Bridgestone dealer).
- Engine bay: a bit dusty but not excessively
- Accidents: none known of save for a paint scrape on rear bumper which was resprayed along with front bumper touchup.
- Maintenance done by several BMW specialists with lots of cred on timely basis.
- Car will be professionally detailed before pickup/delivery.
- Newer factory catalytic converter ($1000 RealOEM)
- F+R brakes/pads/rotors/sensors/flush this past week ($500)
- New clutch, throwout bearing, resurfacing ($400)
- Clean/refresh CAI filter
- Newer battery
- Roof lubricated
- New hood roundel
- PS pump hose, filter
- Oil changes with synthetic when the bars tell me to do so or 5k miles (whichever first)
- Probably other stuff too
- Valve cover has small weep in seal*
- Rear engine seal small weep/dampness*
(*the above 2 issues have never affected oil change amounts beyond negligible and were never recommended fixed by my mechanics)
- Replacing original suspension would be next for me though it is nothing more than a comfort issue. I was told by one mechanic a rear shock was leaking but Koalamotorsport says no.
- Seat thigh bolster wear mentioned above
- Rear hatch struts get soft below 40F or so (new ones included with spoiler)
- Dime sized chip in windshield (there since purchase, filled)
- Summer Bridgestone RE750's will need replacement after this summer
email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
PICS: Here are a couple, more will be posted soon!
As for price, I am not in a big hurry to sell but all offers will be considered!
|Ads by Google
Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.