leave the sub box in there...a few extra pounds won't do you any good your first time out there.
1. don't heat up street tires
2. don't roll thru the water unless u plan on spinning 1/2 way down the track
3. don't fck with your tire pressure, you're not on slicks
4. don't launch at too high of an rpm or you'll spin
5. Don't miss shifts...that's just a waste of a run
6. get as many runs as possible while adjusting to your prev short comings
last but not least, have fun and don't over diagnose your times. Find the right launch point, watch the tree, and improve your times run by run.