View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 05:18 PM   #14
lejeunebimmer

My Ride: 02' M3 SMG, 02' 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by franz View Post
Wow that really doesn't look right, my Bilsteins went in about 2" more than that. Also, there is a mark on the strut you can see in your picture, it says L and that needs to line up right in the gap.
That really is right! There is a lip on the struts that do not allow them to pass through the sleeve anymore than just that! Perhaps you bilstein HD's which are made closer to factory spec since they are intended to be factory replacement? Yes there is indeed a mark on there that says L & R but there is also a little vertical line on the sticker. The vertical line is what needs to be lined up with the space in the knuckle!!!!

P.S. those were not my pictures
330i - AA Tuned, Headers, UUC Stage I LW FW, e36 M3 Clutch, UUC SS Clutch line, BMW Performance Intake, Evo Sport Pulleys, BMW Performance Cross-Drilled Rotors, Hawk HPS, BW SS Brake Lines, BW Solid Guide Bushings, BMW Performance CF Strut Brace, H&R Sways, H&R Sport Springs, Bilstein Sport Shocks, Powerflex Bushings, LED Tails, Clear Sides/Turns, Black Grill, Mtech 2, CF Splitters

M3 - Not enough room to list
lejeunebimmer is offline   Reply With Quote