View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 01:27 PM   #16
jbeurotech
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: 2000 E46 with 254K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubica View Post
JB- I respect your opinions and knowledge immensely.

However, I managed to kill an OEM BMW right front axle installed by the dealer in less than a year. I installed a Chinese axle next, and killed that in a few weeks. The reman axles I installed are holding up great a year later and were less than $100 each. So in my opinion, reman axles are the way to go- even if they both crapped out on me today.

Also, I have no stake here, although I'm fairly certain you make more money selling BMW axles over Chinese or reman. I have nothing to lose/gain except knowing the other xi guys get good advice.

That's what i would do- or get a 36mm socket and give it a try.

Actually I make more money selling the cheap axles!!!! I only get 20% of list from the local dealer..... there is more money to be made on the Cheap axles. it is not a money thing for me it is warranty and my reputation on the line.

Also most of the time we replace just the boot clean and relube inner and outer. I try to replace very few axles...

FYI a more expensive part rarely means more profit.....

Seth Thorson
Service Manager/BMW Tech
JB Eurotech Service "Your Reasonable Dealer Alternative"

General Questions can be sent to appointment@jbeurotech.com

1. Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
2. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Last edited by jbeurotech; 10-21-2010 at 01:30 PM.
jbeurotech is offline   Reply With Quote